Thursday, August 30, 2018

Wow....it has been .... Interesting

I wish I could say that I thought about this blog and all who might read it during this past year and a half since my last post. But to be totally honest, I haven't had time to even think about it. I will try to give you the short version of the last 18 months or so.
2017 was a crazy year - we bought a home in Kennewick, WA after I spent nearly a year working here and travelling to Colfax every weekend so Ken and I could spend our weekends together. We love our new home but we made 2 mortgage payments for almost an entire year before we finally got the house in Colfax sold.
Ken started as deacon at Holy Spirit in Kennewick a few months later and we are truly blessed to find such a great spiritual home in our new hometown. Being closer to family has been amazing - mostly good and so glad I was here especially this year.
On January 4th this year our sister, Belinda, passed away. It was sudden but not totally unexpected - she was only 49 so her children and my other sister and step-dad were really thrown for a loop. I can't explain how much I miss her and wished she were here. In fact, today would have been her (and is Bonnie's birthday as well) her 50th birthday.
The rest of the winter just happened - I don't remember a great deal about those months - just a blur really.
The next big event was our granddaughter Yasemin's high school graduation and our road trip to Texas for that. It was an amazing time and we are so proud of our grandchildren - especially Yasemin. She is starting college in Dallas this fall and she will be doing amazing things with her spectacular singing voice and acting talent.
My job is so amazing and I feel so very blessed. You all are in our prayers.

No comments: