Monday, August 9, 2010

"Servant School"

My dh & I were accepted into the Lay Ministry Formation program with the Boise Diocese and our orientation was this past weekend. Wow! We were in "class" from Friday evening around 7:30 p.m. to 10:30pm; Saturday from 7:00 am to 10:30 pm; and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 pm. It was amazing, insightful, powerful, educational, and just absolutely amazing. I am exhausted but exhilarated. This weekend was focused on communication skills. Sister Meg was our instructor and man, can she teach! We did a lot of role playing/small group interactions and I loved it! Normally, that is not the case.

We now have about 6 weeks to get our assignments completed and turned in to Sister Meg. Now is the time that I will be getting my organization skills honed! BTW, I used the iPad a lot this weekend to take notes and then email them to Ken & I.

We participated in a "Poverty Simulation" on Saturday night - that was truly eye opening. I was a single mom for several years; was in "the system"; but was able to get some college and secure a decent job so that I could get off of "welfare". I think I had forgotten how it felt - this was definitely a wonderful exercise for me. I look forward to working with this program as I feel it is very worthwhile. I will post the URL so you can get involved too!! God bless - have a wonderful week - until next time.

No comments: