Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Summer Story Continues

We've been home from vacation for over a month now and I haven't updated this blog. It's not that we've been terribly busy - although work does keep me on my toes. A favorite aunt of mine, Karen Johnson, passed away over the 4th holiday. We went to her memorial on the 12th. I reconnected with my 3 cousins - Todd, Trisha, & Shawn - and we're determined to keep in touch with one another from now on. Todd & Trisha only live about an hour away from us. Shawn lives in southern California but Facebook is helping us to stay in touch. I lit a candle for my dear Aunt and pray for her daily. Please keep her family in your prayers as well.

On top of that, we've been dealing with our motorcycle being in the shop for the past two weeks AND a minor medical issue with me. The motorcycle situation is fairly annoying but hopefully our mechanic shop (where we bought our bike 2 years ago) are going to bat for us with the manufacturer to get it all taken care of. More on that when we have the situation entirely resolved.

The minor medical issue with me started several months ago when a very good friend of ours voiced his concern for my health after we spent a few days at his parents' home & we shared the second floor with adjoining bedrooms. I've snored for my entire life. I had my tonsils removed when I was 7 but continued to snore. Our friend was concerned not just by my snoring but because I would stop breathing as I slept. Anyway, long story short, I had a sleep study done - diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea - and have been on a CPAP since the 8th of July. It's been just over 2 weeks and I feel marvelous! I sleep all night - I wake in the morning feeling rested and refreshed - I am not constantly tired or drowsy. I have an entirely new lease on life. I was so deadset against a CPAP for a lot of different but entirely bogus reasons - and now I'm the local poster child for being diagnosed & using the CPAP regularly. I haven't slept one night without it - not sure I could even if I wanted to. I love my CPAP!!

The only other item of interest is that I turned 52 this month & we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. I definitely do not feel 52 (especially now) and I can't believe we've been together over 10 years now (married only 9 though). My dh is the most wonderful man alive! I'm doing everything in my power to keep him healthy (and happy).

And last but definitely not least, we will be beginning a 4-year journey in the Lay Ministry. We are very excited to be given this opportunity to learn so much and be able to give it back to the Catholic Church when we are finish. We have been truly blessed. Keep us in your prayers as you will be in ours.

Until next time.....pray for peace, love your neighbor, and seek God's grace.

No comments: