Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Lenten Journey

I started off this year's lenten journey by writing down my "Top 10 Blessings" 1) my husband; 2) my health; 3) our friends & family; 4) our beautiful home; 5)my faith/the privilege of being Catholic; 6) living in America; 7) a job I enjoy that challenges me; 8) a great working environment; 9)my childhood (believe it or not!! it made me who I am today); 10) I love & can receive love from others.
I know it doesn't seem like much but I know I have taken these 10 things for granted often and for most of my life.
The next thing I've undertaken during these 40 days is to get off my butt and get healthy. I know most of you have heard this before but I have some a great support group this time! I am listening to Father Roderick's Healthy Catholic 40 day Lenten Boot Camp which is absolutely amazing. You can find it at http://www.sqpn.com if you're interested.
I am also using an iPhone app that is instructing/guiding me "from couch to 5K" in 9 weeks. So keep me in your prayers and I'll try to keep you in the loop as to my progress.
God bless and enjoy this lenten season and the Easter season that follows.

No comments: