Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saw my Dad & Other Good News

I visited my Dad yesterday in Olympia! He looks marvelous and his spirits are high. He is still pretty immobile; however, he is making progress with his physical therapy & he is getting stronger every day. The best part was he had come back - mentally. I don't know if you realize it but trauma screws up the brain. For whatever reason, the brain scrambles information after a major trauma. Anyway, his is unscrambled and he's back to "normal". I was so relieved when I saw him & talked to him - it's amazing. And I think we owe a huge debt to my sister, P. She has been there every day for the past 2 months. She is the reason he has come this far this fast. God bless her & her husband & daughter!

Another huge piece of news this weekend is -- (drum roll please) --- our Army son & his lovely wife are expecting a baby!!!! They just found out this weekend. We are thrilled (as are they). So good thoughts & prayers for the safe arrival in the fall of a beautiful baby for them. Woohoo!!

Feels late...lots of miles on this ole butt of mine this weekend...so off to rest for me! Until next time.

No comments: