Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What a Crazy Year

It is amazing to me that it is already closing in on March of 2017. It has been nearly a year since I last updated this blog - there is so much to tell that I am sure this will be a multi-part story. I will try to keep to chronological order so I don't forget anything so bare with me. In March last year we travelled to Austin, TX to spend nearly a week in Lago Vista with our daughter and her family. Plus, our son, Deakin and his wife, Nicole drove down as they wanted to renew their wedding vows (it was their five year wedding anniversary). It was an amazing time and Ken's mom drove over from Pensacola, FL to surprise everyone. It was so much fun and so exciting -- three of our five kids were at the event including their children. It was such a blessing to have so many kids and grandkids in the same place at the same time! I graduated from WGU Washington in April 2016 in Seattle. I decided to walk in the graduation ceremony about a month after I finished my degree. It was such a special day. I am very glad that I did it. My sister, Bonnie and her husband attended as well as their son, Zak - oh and Ken attended as well. I felt so special even surrounded by hundreds of other students who were equally as proud of their accomplishment.  June 2016 brought a couple of job interviews in the healthcare industry - one in Pullman and one in Kennewick, WA. The one is Pullman was not something I was very interested in so I was very glad when I received the "thanks but no thanks" email from them. However, the job in Kennewick was such an amazing opportunity that I jumped on it when they offered me the position. I am now working at Trios Health in Kennewick as an Application Support Analyst since July and absolutely love it. Currently I stay with my sister, Bonnie and her family during the week and return to Colfax on the weekends. More on that situation in the next installment. To come next time - Ken's ordination, his Mom's visit, lots of time with our son, daughter-in-law and their boys, and how the whole changing jobs for me has gone.  God bless everyone and I will try to get the next section done sometime next week. Peace!

1 comment:

KayBee said...

Well hello my dear Friend!!

Love the update! Life sounds full and satisfying for you! Congratulations on ALL
your achievements!! You are very blessed and I'm so happy for you!!

I'm looking forward to your "Crazy Year Part 2"!!!

Love ya!
Konnie