Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A New Year - A New Direction

As of November 2015, I have completed my B.S. in Health Informatics from Western Governors University Washington (an online accredited university). It took me slightly more than 4 years but I am beyond glad that I did it and finished it! In February 2016, I successfully passed the Registered Health Information Administrator certification (gigantic). Now I have time to do other things in addition to looking for a different job (if I find one, great; if not, I am fine with that too). I will actually "walk" on April 16, 2016 at Key Arena in Seattle, WA at 10:00 a.m. If you would like to view the streaming video of this event, go to: http://tinyurl.com/lgrysra and watch!!

In October 2016, Ken (God willing) will be ordained as a permanent Deacon in the Roman Catholic Church. He has been on this journey for about 6 years but it took him nearly 4 (almost the entire time he was completing the coursework) to discern that the diaconate was actually his calling. He finally got the hint from the Almighty and entered the Deacon formation with the Diocese of Boise. He is beyond excited, as am I. His service to the church will probably not increase much as he is extremely involved in many ministries including RCIA, Family Promise (housing for families who are temporarily house-less), the Knights of Columbus, and many more. Please keep us (but especially Ken) in your prayers.

Since last posting, we have a new grandson (Connor Cain Patrick, born the end of June) and another granddaughter via our oldest son marrying his best friend. So we are currently at 18 grandchildren and holding. We also lost my dad last July as well as my kids' grandmother, Clarice Miller, two days later. It was a difficult time for us all. But my dad is now dancing with the love of his life (my step-mom, Jane) in heaven and watching over us all.

Anyway, God bless everyone and hopefully I will post a bit more frequently now that my degree is finished (but no promises).

No comments: