Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What Was He Thinking?

I just got a “breaking news” email from the WashingtonPost.com:

President Obama will oppose the release of several dozen photos

depicting abuse of detainees held in U.S. military custody abroad,

reversing his previous position on the grounds that the photos

could inflame anti-American sentiment and endanger U.S. troops.

 

While I do not agree with all of the practices that have been used in the past with detainees (aka possible terrorists), I was appalled to learn yesterday that these photos were going to be released. Are you kidding me? I was actually questioning Mr. Obama’s loyalties to this country when I initially heard that. At least he has now come to his senses.

 

Our Army son has reenlisted for 3 more years with Uncle Sam because of the horrid economy. Please keep him in your prayers!

 

Mr. Obama should ALWAYS think about our military when making any decision while he’s in the White House. He is their “commander-in-chief” so I will always hold him responsible if anything happens to any of the military personnel that I know – especially our son! I did not vote for Mr. Obama but I will keep watching how he treats our seniors, our military, and our children! God bless and always count your blessings instead of your problems.

No comments: