Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Politics, Religion - Oh My!

Don’t read further if you don’t want to know my opinions on politics & religion (along with other non-PC topics). I don’t usually talk about specifics but I am in this post – so consider yourself forewarned!

 

I did not vote for the current Administration in D.C.; however, I am a patriot so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. But, I am not exactly thrilled with the outcome so far of the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act. Wall Street has not responded very well either. I just keep hoping and praying that it will all work out okay. If you are curious about the recovery of our country, the act specifically & how our money is being spent because of this Act, go to: http://www.recovery.gov/ and check it out. The link to the actual bill didn’t work for me but that could just be me. I have read parts of the 700+ page document and after getting through the jargon, I wasn’t impressed with some of the areas of this bill. Oh well, nobody asked for my opinion!! And it’s our money…..why weren’t we asked??? That’s politics for you!! Mr. Obama, you & your administration are in our prayers. I think you are going to need some divine help!!

 

Speaking of prayers – my dh & I will be confirmed into the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil mass on Holy Saturday this year. We have a ton of Rites and other things we have to do but the major hurdle has been cleared as our previous marriages have been officially annulled by the Church. We are so happy & truly feel blessed. I have learned so much about the Holy Trinity, Mary, saints, the Bible, and all of the Sacraments of the Church. Our marriage will also be blessed by the Catholic Church in a private ceremony in the future sometime.  We have found a community in our parish and in our faith. I didn’t think it was possible as I think I’ve been looking for this all my life but never found it until now.  It’s amazing.

 

Until next time…..

No comments: